Sunday, March 30, 2008

Evolution

OK, this is evolution? Has human behaviour really changed over thousands of years... because it doesn't look that way to me. True we may express ourselves differently, but the underlying emotions are fundamentally the same.

Also, how does evolution explain the complex nature of human behaviour? Anger, love and hatred. Human existence and nature is so complex that it cannot be simply explained away through the evolution process.

I am inclined to believe the physical side of evolution... but the intellectual and emotional side remains unexplained to me. I thus remain perplexed.

While tools and technology are evolving, human nature and behaviour is not. True we adapt to new tools and technologies, but change in basic human nature is questionable, and we haven't begun to understand the complexity of it all.

Recommend this post

3 comments:

  1. I really liked that one. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOS, thank you. Life remains a mystery for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great reflection on this matter!

    ReplyDelete