Sunday, November 16, 2008

Liberal Leadership Race a big yawn


It is boring and more boring. Like the yawning guy in the picture I feel the same. And now they have blacked out their first leadership candidates' forum. They are trying to keep it as boring, unengaging, and secretive as possible

Below is my run-down of the candidates:


Michael Ignatieff: We have been there before. Scholarly but do we really want another professor as a leader? After all Dion was a professor, a very nice person and loyal Canadian, but lacked political street-fighting skills. Also, Ignatieff spent most of his adult life in the US. Does he really understand Canadians at the grassroots? I will be writing more on this at a later time.

Bob Rae: Nice guy. Likeable and speaks well but insurmountable baggage. Failed NDP Premier of Ontario. Are Canadians going to forget it and especially are Ontarians going to forget it. Watch my future posts on this.

Dominic LeBlanc: See my earlier post on him. Young and energetic. But Canadians need to know a lot more about him before they develop confidence in him. It will be a break from the past and beginning of a new era for Liberals if he succeeds.

Recommend this post

4 comments:

  1. Unknown: Someone who inspires & leads.

    Please, please get others into this leadership race...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be it, I'm afraid.

    Nice graphic. Does kind of sum things up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not remember such a boring race as this one. Too bad.
    I am not much of a fan of Frank McKenna but even he would have brought some excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right LD, a total yawner. With the Liberal brand already in decline, this is the last thing the party needs.

    ReplyDelete