Saturday, December 13, 2008

Michael Ignatieff Jumping For Joy

I'm back. I had gone fishing for a few days, some of the fish took bites, but none was willing to be caught ;) So I let them go on their way, but just the action of fishing is great fun.

Back to current events, Michael Ignatieff must be jumping for joy as the newly minted leader of the Liberal Party. I must admit, I don't know much about Mr. Ignatieff other than his past views on foreign policy which were very hawkish and pro-imperialist. I do find this very worrisome. However, I understand that he has since changed his views as he better understands political realities - this he stated clearly in a New York Times column retracting his previous support for the Iraq War. He also better understands the sentiments of the majority of Canadians.

I sincerely hope that Ignatieff will not roll over when Stephen Harper plays petty partisan games in Parliament, as was unfortunately the case over the last two years. I do believe that Mr. Ignatieff has both the intellect and the ability to effectively fight back against Harper.

I also believe that Mr. Ignatieff has the potential to be a good Prime Minister. I hope that he will tour the country in the near future and clearly articulate his platform to Canadians. Despite his past hawkish and pro-imperialist views on foreign affairs, I think that Ignatieff will be a great improvement over Harper.

Stephen Harper has proven himself to be a very ineffective Prime Minister who governs in bad faith - he is concerned more with petty partisan politics than with the needs of Canadians. He began by scheming for power, and has since been trying to strengthen and prolong his power indifferent to the needs of Canadians.

Harper must go, and Ignatieff will be a great improvement.

Recommend this post

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love someone willing to dump 30 years of academic writing to get elected. Yea Liberals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one is perfect but some are more imperfect than others and Harper falls in that category.

    ReplyDelete