Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gaza Violence

Please speak up. If you will not, then who will. Israel is doing all this under the ruse of self-defence. Yesterday night, when someone brought these pictures to my attention, I could not sleep at night. Just thinking about these kids and the kind of slaughter in this day and age was deeply disturbing.

This is just the tip of a bloody iceburg, I could only put so many pictures into the composite.

When you put your children to bed tonight please do think of these poor souls whose lives were ended so brutally.

I wonder how Michael Ignatieff will justify the right of Israel to this kind of self-defence.

Recommend this post

6 comments:

  1. "In Germany, they came first for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists but I didn't speak up because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time nobody was left to speak up."
    Martin Niemoeller, Dachau, 1944

    Please tell me how this is different than what Israel is doing in Gaza. Speak up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:17 am

    LeDaro, I just received THIS CALL TO ACTION in my mailbox. Your readers might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those children. The pics. So painful to see. And if my heart is aching I cannot imagine what it is like for the Palestinians in Gaza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:01 pm

    Re Gaza: "If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder, Jerusalem, 110 BCE, who also said "Don't do to anyone else what you'd not want done to you. That is the essence of torah. The rest is explanation."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilian Nattel, thank for the great quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilian Nattel,visited your blog. Great post on Gaza. Very spiritual.

    ReplyDelete