Monday, February 16, 2009

Jimmy Carter on Gaza

I do not believe in personality cults. Thank God I never suffered from Trudeaumania or now Obamamania. All leaders have strengths and weakness as they are all humans. The balance is different for different leaders. Carter is one of those leaders I do admire. He lost the 1980 election not because he was less qualified, but because he was up against a Hollywood actor. Ronald Reagan gave some of his best acting performances during the Presidential election and when he was president - not when he was actually in Hollywood.

Jimmy Carter is a great humanitarian and has done impressive work internationally. He speaks from his heart.

Then there is this fellow who calls himself C-Nuck who visits my blog and defends Israel's atrocities in the occupied areas with flimsy arguments. When I wrote in one of my previous posts that there have been hundreds of Israeli military personnel who are objectors to the invasion in the occupied territories, he said that was not true.

http://ledaro.blogspot.com/2009/02/holocaust-lest-we-forget.html - see the comments section.

Maybe this video will convince C-Nuck otherwise:

I believe there are good people in every society, and no matter how hard politicians try to brain wash the public these people are not fooled.

Recommend this post

No comments:

Post a Comment