Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Michael Ignatieff – the two-faced

In a press conference on Tuesday, Ignatieff said that Harper was living on another planet and that he did not understand the reality of the Canadian economy. The Liberal leader stated that more people are losing jobs in Canada and the US and that the Harper budget simply does not meet these challenges. However, in the same breath Ignatieff said he couldn't wait to vote for the budget so that the provisions of the budget could be fully ready to be implemented come April 1st 2009 (coincidentally that is April Fools Day). What is public supposed to believe? That it is a bad budget and should be rejected or that it should be implemented as soon as possible. Is this new brand of leadership... or just a really bad April Fool's Day joke?

Recommend this post

6 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jymn, thank you. Quite a breed of leaders we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was a "pre-emptive" April Fool's day joke.

    Heh, word verification = bewoo

    Kind of like the Count's two-faced condemnation and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe so. Maybe not. But definitely meh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:04 pm

    Iggy is not so much two faced as a complete moron...

    I wonder how many Liberal bloggers will comment on the following

    “Yes, I’m moving the party into the centre because I think we win from the centre. We win when people think we’re a moderate, pragmatic, sensible party that connects to what Canadians are worried about,” Mr. Ignatieff said.

    “I could be sitting here as your prime minister, but I turned it down because I didn’t think it was right for someone who believes in the national unity of my country to make a deal with people who want to split the country up,” Mr. Ignatieff explained Monday.


    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/13408/


    http://blog.macleans.ca/2009/03/12/he-said-that/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a Canadian and I am worried that the leaders of the party in power and the opposition are not listening to the sensible and pragmatic parties that are also in the house and that our country's resources are being split up, dug up and sold out from under us.
    I am worried that they won't protect our air, water, fish and agricultural lands and our workers and unemployed or see that they have adequate housing and public transportation.
    I am worried that they will continually put the survival of their party before a just and protective and innovative budgetary policy.
    I am worried that they will overlook green job creation and environmental protection and the success of small businesses and credit unions and instead promote greater protection for the corporations.
    And I wonder when they will talk about electoral reform.
    And I am considering moving to Quebec.

    ReplyDelete