Sunday, January 10, 2010

Harry Reid’s Blubber

What was Harry Reid, US Senate Majority Leader thinking when he uttered these words "...the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate", especially one such as Obama — a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." Racism is hard to die.

I will never forget I was sitting in a hotel balcony enjoying watching the beach and sea in the Southern US and started talking to this gentleman sitting next to me. He identified himself as a family judge and told me that we Canadians were lucky that we did not have blacks in Canada. I asked him, "how so?" He said he makes decisions about these kids every day who are sired by black men and walked away and that the state had to be their guardian. Then I told him that I had class-fellows who were blacks and co-workers. However, I did think to myself, what kind of decisions on the courtbench is this man making?

Recommend this post

No comments:

Post a Comment