Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Privacy and Airport Security

I have refrained from showing the naked body of the woman in this picture; however I understand that the scanners at the airports are not that considerate. How far will they go? What happens to a person's privacy? Many perverts and peeping toms will be having the time of their life with this new technology, and getting paid to do the peeping. Many more perverts and peeping toms may be applying for this job now. Striptease is not only at no cost but getting paid for it.

I suppose it is a job creator, as wars have become a necessity for many business outfits. Those who make these scanners will be making a bundle out of this. It was quite a Christmas gift for them. I suppose peace will be the solution but then it will go against the financial interests of those who produce this paraphernalia and others who produce war related merchandize. Is there a hope for peace?

Recommend this post

2 comments:

  1. There is a question that has not be addressed regarding airport body scans. People who have artificals joints should not be going through those scans or scans of any kind. I set the scans off and refuse to go through them. I have to have a pat down and when ever a man approaches me, I say sorry no I want a woman. I wonder what will happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jingles, thank you for your comment. I agree with your frustrations. An artificial joint will set off alarms.

    Scanners are indeed intrusive and in case of women more offensive.

    I don't know where all this is taking us other than some made millions here to sell 50 scanners at the cost of $250,000 each.

    ReplyDelete