Monday, August 16, 2010

Islamic Centre in Lower Manhattan

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

This is an excellent special comment by Keith Olbermann. It is important to speak out against those who would limit democratic rights. Freedom of religion is a fundamental right in the United States, we can't let this be eroded by prejudice and bigotry.

Also, this prejudice inflames extremists giving them fertile ground for recruitment. I also like the quote of Martin Niemoller that Olbermann uses regarding Nazi Germany:

"First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."

Recommend this post

No comments:

Post a Comment