Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Election 2011: Progress in Parliament

For the first time in Canadian history, two of the parties in Parliament have 100% female caucuses.

First the Green Party caucus:

And then the Bloc caucus... all four of their MPs are female (I couldn't find a picture of their caucus together).

Last time we had anything this close was in 1993 when 50% of the Progressive Conservative caucus was female with Elsie Wayne and Jean Charest.

Update: Apparently my information about B.Q was incorrect. It is actually one woman and three men. I can’t find the report anymore which provided that misleading information.

Recommend this post

2 comments:

  1. You may just be having a laugh, but, the Bloc's remaining MPs are three guys and a gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the mistake. I am sure I read on CBC site that 4 winners were all women. I can’t find that news item. So apparently it was incorrect information.

    ReplyDelete